I have to create 50 LO's and 12 cards before I can shop for new supplies (challenge started Feb 2)

Friday, August 22, 2008

I'm back in school-Scrapping Outback chipboard school

This has been one fantastic day here in Iceland. Our national handball team won Spain and is going to play for the gold in the Olympics next sunday against France. This is huge. We are a nation of 300.000 people and this is a group sport (14 players) so you can imagine how big it is for us to win nations of 40 millions !!!!!!!! The nation is going crazy people are dancing on the streets. I cried and cried. Even though I'm sick as a dog I was acting like a crazy person. I'm so proud I can't describe it. We love our boys

Guess what ! I'm back to school. I'm always trying to learn something new in this amazing hobby and I have alot to learn. When I saw that the site Scrapping Outback is hosting a 7 weeks of chipboard school I just had to join the school. The funny thing is that few weeks earlier I bought chipboards from them and they arrived in the same week that the school started. How perfect was that ???

The first lesson was perfect for me, a scrapper that has been scrapping since 2004 and has never embossed. In short the lesson was to ink the title with more then one color of ink and then use clear embossing powder over it. I used this technique on the word Pirate and the Cute birdie. Both chipboards are from Scrapping Outback.

Title: So not a Pirate Girl. Subtitle: She is a pure Princess.



Supplies I used for this LO: Bazzill cardstock, Rusty Pickle chocolate Kisses, Bazzill brad, Prima jewel, doodlebug ric rac, American Crafts thichers, Scrapping Outback chipboards (the title and the birdie), Doodlebug Ink, Stamping UP ink, Fancy pants stamp,Hambly overlay StazOn ink, Tim Holtz distressing clear ink,Whispers clear embossing powder and the ribbon/lace is unknown.
This was so much fun and I'm not an embossing virgin anymore.
Over and out

5 comments:

Kathie said...

OH Anna...this is amazing! I love that technique and myself have never tried it either! Thanks for the eye-candy! Such a perfect lo of Sunneva too!

Love ya!

Kathie_d

The Dolphin Inn said...

Wow this looks an amazing technique, I have embossed on loads of my chipboard but not thought of doing it with graduating coloiurs - this looks stunning, thanks for sharing, have a great weekend sweetie, much love XXX

A Soldier Girl said...

Hey girl .. umm so love that LO .. it is fabulous .. I have to learn to use product like that fa-real .. thanks for stoppin in my blog and "saying something" lolol .. now I can lurk ya back .. hope you are having a good weekend so far ...

and man how is ICELAND? I almost had an assignment there but they closed the base.

Stacey said...

Wow Anna! That looks amazing!! Fabulous job my friend!!! Hope you are having a great weekend!!!
Love and stuff!!!
Stacey

paulien710 said...

Oh Yeah!!!!!!!!!! This is such an awesome page!!! i totally adore what you've done here! Wow girl.... You Rock@!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin