I have to create 50 LO's and 12 cards before I can shop for new supplies (challenge started Feb 2)

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

A challenge

I belong to a wonderful group of ladies that meet pretty regulary to scrap. One of them came up with this idea that every time we meet we take with us a kit that we have put together. Then we draw who gets what kit. The challenge is to use all the supplies in the kit on a LO or other project. So last time we got together I drew a kit with: A pink scalloped felt border (Fancy Pants), 4 silver brads, a clock overlay, chipboard numer 3, chipboard arrow, 2 pink clear flowers and 1 brown button. At first I thought this will be easy. Boy was I wrong. What stood in my way was the fact that she had just put 1 brown button (I would have liked at least 3) and 2 pink clear flowers (again I would have liked at least 3). The embellieshment kinda came from every direction but I'm guessing that was what she wanted to let the person who got the kit sweat a little bit.

This is what I came up with. Title is Kirkjuból 3 years (the name of my DD pre-school the last 3 years). I did cut the scalloped felt border in two and added a pink ribbon on it. I did paint the brown button pink and added some glitter to it. My DD spent the last 3 years on a wonderful pre-school with wonderful women. She has to spend her last year in pre-school in a new one since we moved. I'm going to create a mini album about her time there and that is the reason I did not add any journaling to this LO.

Other supplies: Bazzill bling, Rusty Pickle chocolate Kisses papers, Fancy Pants stamp, Heidi Swapp paint, Prima flowers, Doodlebug glitter, Making Memories journaling paper, American Crafts letters and metalic ink.

Boy this was so much harder then I thought in the beginning but this was a challenge and I did it.

Over and out

2 comments:

twinsand2boys said...

gorgeous layout

Wendy Smith said...

this sounds like an excellent idea to get the MOJO going.

I love the concept of this swap, and thing you managed a beautiful LO with it..well done

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin